TO START THIS COURSE:
Using a PC or Laptop: CLICK ON CONTENTS TAB (above).
Using a Cell Phone or Tablet: CLICK ON "TABLE OF CONTENTS".
Then, begin at COURSE INSTRUCTIONS (p.1). Do not skip any pages.
COVID-19 Exemption for Live CE Hours: IF YOU ARE A FLORIDA LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST - This class can be used towards satisfaction of your LIVE CE Hours (AS of 3.3.2021 until Aug. 31, 2021). Due to COVID-19, the Florida Board of Massage Therapy presently allows licensees to satisfy the "Live Hands-On CEs" (temporatily Waived) using courses labeled: "ANYTIME" and Subject Area: "Relevant To Massage Therapy Techniques". You do not have to take a live webinar or go to an in person class.
This (4) CE hour course meets those requirements under CE Broker Course Code: 20-818014.
To purchase the (3) Course Package (12) CE Hours: "COVID-19 Exemption for Live Hours": CLICK HERE
Injuries, Inflammation, & Assessment (4) hours - This course discusses the importance understanding injuries, physiologic processes of inflammation, stages of healing, different tissue types and healing times, invasive or non invasive massage and bodywork, and the value of understanding client assessment.
Topics of learning will include:
- Musculoskeletal system, connective tissue structures, role of myofascial system and injury.
- Neurologic response by the body, physiologic process of inflammation and tissue repair.
- Assessment, palpation, injury vs. overuse, muscle imbalances, and manual muscle testing.
- Treatment protocol for stages of an injury, healing times, tissues types.
- Client communications with psychologic impact of injury.
- Non-Invasive and invasive techniques.
This course is Approved by the:
>Boards of Massage Therapy in Texas, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee
>Accepted in most states (except Mississippi and N.Y.)
NCBTMB Provider: 207
Florida Provider: 50-15123